Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mini Thrift Splurge & A Scrumptious Dinner

I've been sick for nearly two weeks and finally, I'm physically getting better! To treat myself for enduring a fortnight of broken tastebuds and insomnia, I went for a mini shopping trip after work. I didn't by any means go on a full out shopping spree because I intend on doing that in about two weeks, but this was just a little indulgence. Pluuuuus, I was running severely low on makeup.
I have recently been reading reviews over drugstore cosmetics and see that they have stepped up in quality. Thank goodness, because I can't afford to go to Sephora and MAC on a regular basis. Anyway, I picked up a few things that I've been hearing great things about and thought I could share my thoughts on them with you too :)

First one we have is the EOS Lip Balm that many of you may have already heard of, or even own!
This lip balm is quite intriguing, both in packaging and performance. It comes in a little egg/oval/circular shape. At first I thought it would be really small and hard to handle, but not at all. It applies on well and didn't need reapplication for at least 4 to 5 hours. Even after feeling I needed to reapply, my lips already felt softer and hydrated! I paid about $4 CAD (plus tax) and I think it was well worth it. It comes in various other flavours including Lemon Drop, Strawberry Sorbet, Honeysuckle Honeydew, Medicated Tangerine and Sweet Mint.

Next up, I've got the Maybelline Falsies Mascara, the regular one, not the lacey or the flared one.
Personally, I'm not a suck for mascaras since my eyelashes are next to non-existent so basically no mascaras truly work on me. This one wasn't too different. It did not extend my lashes at all but it does give my lashes a more "full" look, as it promises on the packaging. The good thing about this is that it doesn't clump, and it has more of a pasty formula which is better for hold. I would've probably went with a waterproof mascara instead, but all in all, for $7 CAD (plus tax), it wasn't too bad.

Last is my favourite! This is the Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eye Liner.
Despite the unnecessary length of the name, this product is by far one of my favourites in all the cosmetics I own. Many people have compared this to the MAC Fluidline Gel Eye Liner and I really think it's quite up there. If you look at the brush, it looks very "cheap" and doesn't seem like it would do the job. However, upon trying it, it glided on smoothly and produced a very defined and sharp line across the lid. It even went on thin enough on my waterline, though I imagine it would smudge a lot faster there. It claims to stay on for 24 hours, which I highly doubt. I'm not even sure I would want any eyeliner to stay on that long to begin with. However it does stay on for quite a long time. For me, I have monolids but not oily so it did stay on for about 4-6 hours without smudging or fading. I paid $10 CAD (plus tax) for this and I can gladly say that I will definitely buy this again. Very impressive product!
*      *      *
All in all, not a big grab but hopefully I'll have goodies to show you when I go on my next shopping spree. Of course after a long day of work and solo shopping, hubs had a delicious dinner prepared for me when I got home.

FEAST YOUR EYES!
Mustard Pork Steak with Roasted Sweet Potato Rounds
fried onion ringlets and red peppers for garnish


♥B

No comments:

Post a Comment