Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hump Day

Am.
Time to get back on that health tip. I love having a cup of jasmine green tea in the morning.. it instantly warms me up and makes me feel refreshed! Lunch consisted of a seasoned chicken breast, broccoli florets, sauteed mushroom, and avocado. I made sure I had an extra large portion of vegetables to sub for all the carbs that I had devoured the past few days.. can't go wrong with having too much veggies! As a snack I had a kiwi.. not a huge fan (because it makes my tongue feel funny) but it was the only fruit laying around the house for me to eat.




They call me "Miss Teacher"
Outfit of the day.

Nude lips - to be blogged, Striped long sleeve shirt - H&M, Trousers - H&M, Faux Leather Bag - H&M

Pm.
Here's another simple recipe that turned out DELECTABLE - Chicken Souvlaki w/ Tzatziki sauce. The idea came from out of the blue.. but somehow putting together ingredients that I had to use up worked! For those who aren't familiar with this, it's a popular Greek food which can be made of small pieces of any type of meat (usually pork, chicken, or lamb) often served with vegetables, rice and/or potatoes, and a 'tzatziki' sauce. My sides were wild rice with sauteed mushrooms (as you can see I love mushrooms) and zucchini. Here's the deal.. you will need: 

for the Chicken Souvlaki 
1 Chicken Breast
1tsp of each S&P
2 tsp oregano
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp olive oil

for the Tzatziki Sauce
3 tbsp plain yogurt
1 tbsp sour cream
1 tsp of each S&P
1 tsp oregano
1 tbsp creamy cucumber salad dressing (due to my lack of cucumber I replaced this with a Kraft salad dressing which substituted it quite pleasantly!) 
1 clove of garlic, finely minced

Note: I strongly stand by Michael Smith's secret to a recipe which is simply cooking without one! Most of my measurements are done by eyeballing or by taste and personal preference - so don't be afraid to alter the proportions. I was highly impressed by the results of making this for the first time.. It was absolute heaven and I can't wait to make it for my family and friends! I definitely see my self making this in the future and tweaking it to perfection. Enjoy!


GOOD night.



♥M

No comments:

Post a Comment